he straight up just WALKED through that shit
this is possibly the best play I have ever seen before in my life.
best play ever.
I have to reblog this again. I laughed for like ten mins in class about it.
The other team is so confused by him walking it takes them a minute to react thats brilliant
I don’t care if this doesn’t fit my blog. This is perfect.
ok heres some more effigy mound pictures yea
Here are some scientific facts about blood loss for all you
psychopathswriters out there.
I would like to know what is in those bottles.
It’s Siracha!!!! Siracha is life!
That’s actually highly useful.
Useful for Shadowrun GMing…
Can we all just post this picture forever?
This is so strong and important
Men’s Body Image & the Drive for Muscularity
Notes from a Lecture by Dr. Don McCreary
- back in 1995 it was believed that men were satisfied with their bodies but this belief was based on men scoring low on surveys about thinness
- not surprisingly, men place less emphasis on thinness and traditional dieting
- realization was made that the surveys were asking the wrong questions!
- men would rather be big then small & the ideal is muscular
- the drive for muscularity – internalized beliefs that muscular is ideal and the drive to achieve it
- self-report studies show that men with average body sizes want to gain 33 lbs of muscle
- men believe their size + 33 lbs of muscle is what women want
- the reality is that women’s ideal is very close to men’s average body size
- side note: height is also a major component of male body image and studies consistently show that when men are asked to report their height they reported significantly higher than they were
- cultivation hypothesis – the more media saturation of certain types of images (ie. Muscular men or thin women) the more likely people are to believe it as reality and internalize it as ideal
- for example, studies of shut-ins show that they believe society to be much more dangerous than reality and this misconception comes from spending too much time watching the news
- action figures have become hyper-muscular over the past 25 years, a trend that is particularly present in G. I. Joe and superhero figures like Batman and Superman
- if you take G. I. Joe’s stats and translate them to real life, no competitive weight lifter could achieve the muscle size of G.I. Joe
- video gaming magazines also leads to increase in the drive for muscularity as images are hulkingly muscular but this increase only occurs in white males
- studies of advertising show that frequent exposure to ads with higher muscle mass led to higher levels of muscle dissatisfaction (video has shown larger impact than still images)
- what is interesting is that if men are shown images of objectified women it makes them want to be more muscular and increases levels of hostility and anxiety
- muscle dysmorphia is a growing problem and is a component of Body Dysmorphia Disorder
- BDD in women manifests with weight but with men it manifests in one of three areas: muscles, lack of hair and penis size
- 28-68% of average weight men believe they are underweight
- underweight men have similar psychological instabilities as women who are overweight
- surprisingly, overweight men are more psychologically sound and feel more attractive
Because ladies aren’t the only ones who are surrounded by unrealistic and over-exaggerated body standards.
Smh society, SMH. Seriously, why don’t people just stop with these unrealistic expectations. Girls are self conscious because they don’t look like Barbie while guys are self conscious because they don’t look like the G.I. Joe doll. We’re humans, not plastic play toys that are manufactured to look the same. This is real life, let’s grow up.
GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY PIZZA YOU LIMBLESS CRETIN
DO NOT MAKE ME GET THE SPRAY BOTTLE.
So I saw a Wonder Woman shirt the other day that said “Girls Will Save the World” and I thought it was a really awesome and empowering feminist phrase, so I decided to do a Sailor Moon version. <3
I was surprised how fun it was to draw the Crisis brooch because I usually hate doing vector stuff. I wanna make mooooore now.
trying on old clothes
This made me really happy